Anyone Can Submit An Event
Anyone can submit an event for publication on The Cowboy Calendar. Just fill out the form on the Submit An Event page. Your event will be submitted for review and publication.
But Membership Has (No-Cost) Benefits
If you expect to submit more than one event during the year, it makes sense to become a registered member of the site. Members have the ability not only to submit events, but to edit them and even delete them, should the occasion arise. There is no cost to be a member.
To become a member, fill in the information requested on the Register page. Open any page on The Cowboy Calendar Web site and look in the right-hand sidebar. There you will see a couple of links under the caption, “Meta.” Click “Register.”
After you submit the registration information, a password will be emailed to you. Make a note of your Username and Password because you will need them when you return to the site to manage your events.
Login To Manage Your Events
Once you have registered, here’s how to login and take control of your events.
- Open any page in The Cowboy Calendar.
- Look for those “Meta” links in the right sidebar.
- Click “Login.”
- Enter your Username and Password in the Login form.
The Submit an Event page will open, but this time you’ll see a “My Events” button:
Click the “My Events” button and a page will open that includes a list of the events you have already submitted. Below the title of each event you will a set of three links—”View | Edit | Delete.”
- Edit: Clicking the “Edit” link will open up the form that you originally submitted for that event. Make changes, click “Update Event” at the bottom of the form, and the revised event listing will be posted to The Cowboy Calendar.
- Delete: Clicking the “Delete” link will open a dialogue box to confirm that you want to delete the event.
Log Out: When you’re finished, remember to “Log Out.”
Why Do My Events Not Publish Immediately?
Spam is the reason. Some spammers write automated software that searches the Web looking for forms to fill out. The only sure way to filter the spam is for a human being to review the submissions before they are published.
Our goal is to review and publish every event submission within 24 hours. Occasionally, there may be a delay.
If you need further assistance or clarification, send a note from our Contact Us page.